Like others, the OCO is implementing procedures to mitigate the risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19 to ensure our staff and stakeholders remain safe and supported.
At this time, we are moving to a virtualized work model for our team to help support social distancing efforts. Our work, including the 24/7 Caregiver Helpline, online programming and the development of a range of supports for caregivers will continue.
Here are some steps we are taking to ensure this:
- We will use our existing virtual platforms to carry on business so team and stakeholder communications and meetings continue. Webinars will continue as planned.
- The OCO will refrain from attending community events for the time being.
- The Ontario Caregiver Helpline and Live Chat are available in English and French for caregivers should they need to find support in their community. The Helpline is open 24/7 and the live chat is available Mon – Fri from 9am – 5pm.
- We are providing regular updates and information relevant to caregivers on COVID-19 on our website www.ontariocaregiver.ca
- We are working with stakeholders to address caregivers concerns on COVID-19 including health and homecare planning.
We will continue to monitor the situation and share information about COVID-19 and what it means for caregivers on a regular basis.
We acknowledge caregivers who continue to provide care to someone with physical and/or mental health needs. We also wish to recognize our front line healthcare providers. Your work is very much appreciated.