Are you a seasoned and experienced caregiver? We want to hear from you!
The Ontario Caregiver Organization (OCO) knows that as a seasoned and experienced caregiver, you have specific strengths and needs. This includes strengths you have developed and knowledge of supports that helped you along your caregiving journey as well as opinions about gaps in education and supports you continue to need.
We are looking for up to sixteen caregivers from across Ontario, who self-identify as a seasoned caregiver and are currently providing care and support to a friend or family member. You can consider factors such as duration, intensity, number of care recipients or complexity of care when thinking about whether you are a ‘seasoned’ caregiver. You may be uniquely equipped to provide meaningful and thoughtful insight that have an impact in shaping OCO’s work.
We are hosting two interactive online focus groups aimed at:
- Identifying strengths, weaknesses and what’s missing in programs and services as they relate to supporting seasoned caregivers, and
- Understanding factors for success for new or adapted OCO resources, programs and/or services for seasoned caregivers.
We will invite approximately up to 8 caregivers to a focus group on Wednesday August 12 – 1:30 to 3:00 pm or 5:00 to 6:30 pm EST. These sessions will be facilitated in English using Zoom. All caregivers will receive an honorarium for their participation.
Deadline to submit interest: August 5, 2020
*Please note: There are a limited number of spots in these online focus groups. The OCO will be reviewing all submissions to ensure a diverse representation of caregivers from across Ontario.
Additional volunteer positions include:
- Caregiver Advisory Panel – province-wide online discussion forum – provide regular input and feedback on some of our caregiver-focused ideas, tools and products, and be surveyed on different aspects of the caregiving experience on a regular basis
- Caregiver Advisory Group – provide insights to guide the strategic work of the Ontario Caregiver Organization
- Caregiver Working Groups – co-design caregiver supports and services
- Caregiver Peer Mentors – provide support to other caregivers
We value caregivers‘ time. That’s why we provide respite and child-minding for in-person volunteering/participation, as well as honorariums. There are also options to participate by web-conference.
Complete our volunteer sign-up form and join us in providing support to Ontario’s caregivers.