Are you passionate about caregiving and the importance of your role to family, friends and the Ontario health care system? Do you want to share your experience and insight to improve the supports and services available to caregivers? Join us by applying for a volunteer position with the Ontario Caregiving Organization.
Volunteer positions include:
- Caregiver Advisory Group – provide insights to guide the work of the Ontario Caregiver Organization
- Caregiver Working Group – co-design caregiver supports and services
- Caregiver Feedback Group – provide feedback on new programs and services
- Caregiver Peer Mentor – provide support to other caregivers
Complete our volunteer sign-up form and join us in providing support to Ontario’s caregivers.
Employers for Caregivers Working Group
January 29 & 31, 2020 (Deadline to apply: January 17)
The Ontario Caregiver Organization has identified working caregivers as an important priority and will be launching a new workplace program in 2020. This program will be co-developed in collaboration with caregivers and employers, and we are currently recruiting workplace leaders to join our Employers for Caregivers Working Group.
The working group will bring together leaders and decision-makers with accountability for employee engagement and wellness, human resources, and/or workplace equity and inclusion. Your expertise, guidance and insight will enable OCO to develop practical and concrete programs, services and resources to help enable employers to be more supportive of caregivers in the workplace. You will have the opportunity to utilize and implement these new services and tools to support your own employees and receive recognition as a partner.
All group members are asked to participate in one of two workshops in January 2020:
- Jan. 29: 12:00 – 1:30 pm – In person, Toronto
- Jan. 31: 12:00 – 1:00 pm – Virtual meeting