The Ontario Caregiver Organization exists to support Ontario’s 3.3 million caregivers; ordinary people who provide physical and emotional support to a family member, partner, friend or neighbour.
The following principles guide the work and evolution of our organization:
- Partnership with caregivers in designing, creating and governing the organization.
- A focus on general supports that all caregivers may need regardless of the disease, condition and/or age of the care recipient.
- The ability to provide resources and supports to caregivers that cross government ministries.
- Collaboration with existing provincial, regional and local organizations, programs and services to minimize duplication and expand what currently exists.
- Sensitivity and responsiveness to the unique caregiver support needs of Ontario’s various populations, including a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusivity and cultural competence.
- Engagement of a range of caregivers with unique circumstances and needs including indigenous, francophone, and LGBTQ communities.
- Contributing to system change by supporting government priorities.
If you share our values and would like to contribute your skills and expertise to support our mission, we want to hear from you!