The Ontario Caregiver Organization (OCO) exists to enhance the experience for Ontario’s 3.3 million family caregivers; the family members, partners, friends and neighbours who support someone with a physical or mental health challenge. With a mission to improve the experience for all caregivers, the OCO provides supports and services regardless of the disease, location, age, ethnicity, or condition. Come join us as we build our team!
The OCO is recruiting a Digital Communications Specialist to support the increasing communications needs of the organization. Working with the Executive Lead Communications, the Digital Communications Specialist will ideally be bilingual in English and French, as well as an organized, self starter.
The Digital Communications Specialist is responsible for contributing to the overall digital communication strategy and implementing the strategy across OCO’s various communication channels. Using a journalistic eye for storytelling, this individual will create engaging digital assets for use on multiple platforms.
- Develop content in English and French for OCO’s website, Blog, e-Newsletter and social media channels: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
- Coordinate and participate in tweet chats and other online events
- Analyze channel performance and apply learnings to drive continuous improvement around stakeholder engagement
- Report on key metrics to ensure strategy is on-track to reach defined objectives
- Monitor conversations on social media and report on issues and/or opportunities for OCO to engage with caregivers
- Act as the primary website editor: researching and developing new content, editing, designing pages and posting AODA compliant content on a regular basis
- Website troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Multimedia or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years previous experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing in both English and French
- Proficient and creative writer, giving attention to facts, detail and content
- Self-starter with high degree of initiative, resourcefulness, and productivity
- Experience working with social media platforms and managing a WordPress website
- Experience as a caregiver is highly desired
- Highly developed organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience with a Customer/Stakeholder Relationship Management system (including maintaining database, searching, creating queries, adhering to protocols and processes) is an asset
- Experience working with a health organization, Government of Ontario Ministry and/or working in a non-profit organization would be considered assets
- May require some time after hours and on weekends to accommodate events and meetings
Key skills & proficiencies
- Bilingual (French and English)
- 3-5 years experience with digital platforms including WordPress, Constant Contact, Hootsuite and Meltwater as well as highly proficient Microsoft Office computer skills
- Good understanding of AODA guidelines
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Work independently and as part of a team
We invite qualified applicants to submit a cover letter and resume to OCORecruit@ontariocaregiver.ca and please note posting will close June 14, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for further consideration. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged. OCO will be pleased to provide an accessible recruitment process to candidates invited to move forward in our process.