The Ontario Caregiver Organization (OCO) exists to enhance the experience for Ontario’s 3.3 million family caregivers; the family members, partners, friends and neighbours who support someone with a physical or mental health challenge. With a mission to improve the experience for all caregivers, the OCO provides supports and services regardless of the disease, location, age, ethnicity, or condition. Come join us as we build our team!
The OCO is recruiting a Content Specialist to support the increasing communications needs of the organization. Reporting to the Executive Lead Communications, the Content Development Specialist will work closely with the Programs and Services team to develop communication materials that support and promote OCO’s suite of offerings while also contributing to the overall communication strategy.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Act as Communication Lead supporting Programs and Services: provide expert advice, plan and execute communication plans to raise awareness and participation in OCO’s suite of programs and services.
- Along with subject matter experts and with input from OCO’s Caregiver Panel, Advisory Group and Working Groups, develop caregiver resources, tools and visual learning aids that reflect adult learning principles, meet AODA requirements and follow plain language guidelines.
- Manage vendors related to creative design, print and delivery of tools and resources, ensuring all content aligns with OCO’s brand guidelines.
- Work in collaboration with the digital communications specialist on content development, program roll-out and promotion of programs and services.
- Support OCO team members with the development of various communication tools needed to promote the organization including PowerPoint presentations, brochures etc.
- Report on effectiveness of communication campaigns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Multimedia or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years previous experience
- Proficient and creative writer, giving attention to facts, detail and content
- Self-starter with high degree of initiative, resourcefulness, and productivity
- Experience as a caregiver is highly desired
- Highly developed organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly proficient Microsoft Office computer skills
- Experience working with a health organization, Government of Ontario Ministry and/or working in a non-profit organization would be considered assets
- May require some time after hours and on weekends to accommodate events and meetings
Key skills & proficiencies
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good understanding of AODA and Canadian Press Style Guide
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize initiatives based on changing needs
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
- Understanding of adult learning principles is an asset
We invite qualified applicants to submit a cover letter and resume to OCORecruit@ontariocaregiver.ca and please note posting will close June 14, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for further consideration. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged. OCO will be pleased to provide an accessible recruitment process to candidates invited to move forward in our process.